Sunday, August 21, 2011

Okay. Let's do this.



Week one is over.
*Deep Breath*
It was a little rough for the first few days.


I'm SOOO thankful my mama was here for the first week.
What would I have done without her? I needed to be strong for Matt and I'm really good at that when I have my mom by my side. <3 <3


While my ma was here we had some fun.
Shopping. SomeBurros (best mexie here). Saw "The Help". Swimming. Laying out. Bahama Bucks. ETC.








We played at Chic-Fil-A and my mom met my friend Bethany and her little gal, Jessie. Bethany's husband is in his 3rd year of Law School and they have been the BIGGEST help to us.

This is Bethany.


I love my mom. She gives me so much strength and courage. She is the bomb.com


Thanks mom <3






We were also privelaged to have Matt's parents come stay with us last week. They are so much fun, his dad just cracks me up and Addi loves to be sassy to him.


She's starting to become a fish in the water. That's her nickname now. I'm going to either sign her up for swimming lessons this fall or teach her myself. Haven't decided yet. It's fun to swim in our pool because the airplanes come buzzing over us all the time and they get really low.
We went to Ghost Town in AJ. We took a long ride in a train. It could've been a lot more fun if it wasn't so bloody hot that day. Aaaahhhh... Then this guy took us for a tour of the mine and he was soooo annoying! He was trying to be funny but all we really wanted to do was stuff him in the mine and leave him there to die... Woops... did I say that out loud? :) It really was fun, we had an old fashioned lunch there and had to get some yummy fudge to take home.




My 18th birthday was also that weekend and so I was really happy to have family in town since Matt was studying all weekend. He actually took Saturday night off and surprised me with balloons and a cake! Then we went to the Chandler Mall (which is amazingly and beautifully HUGE) and found my new fave store!!!! I got to pick a few things and his parents treated us to the Cheescake Factory for dinner. We came back for cake and ice cream and watched a movie. It was a ton of fun having family here.



Now that everyone is gone, we are left to entertain ourselves. When I say we, I mean me trying to entertain Addi all day. My mom gave us some fun crafts to do and some good ideas.


We found the Chandler Library which is a really big, nice library. I signed Addi up for some Kids Clubs there and also got a schedule of story time. I'm looking into signing her up for a dance class this fall, too. she is so used to being on the go all the time, that I want her to stay active.


On the other hand, I do think that its a good chance for her to learn to be happy at home, just playing here and entertaining herself sometimes.


Like I said before, we really love our ward so far and today I met two guys and their families that I went to High School with that are in our ward!
I love the diversity here. I love that fountain drinks are only 79 cents no matter where you go. (only I would love that).


We have both been a bit discouraged this past week again as we begin this new busy (for him) chapter in our lives. I have read a lot of conference talks and come across a lot of really good quotes. I feel like I'm trying to be more joyful through my trials this time around.


I found myself saying to Matt this week, as we were both a little down, "It's going to be okay. It rains sometimes." I don't always feel this strong. But I love the Atonement. It is the most beautiful thing I have. The price we pay to become acquainted with God is well worth the sadness or hopelessness we may feel for a time.


I ran across this quote on pinterest (love that site):
"You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You're not on your own, and you know what you know. And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go." ~ Dr. Seuss


I'm learning to be optimistic and have a positve mind set.




Sooooo.... with that said... We LOVE visitors. If you're ever in the area, which is a big area, we have a room and a bed for you to stay!


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

awww, such a good post. I love all your goals and ideas and activities to do with addi. this summer while i was home i joined a play group that other moms in my ward do. just get together once a week at someone's house or at the park. it was fun to have something on the schedule and get to know my ward friends better! and i definitely need to get pinterest!

Livingstones said...

Tara, I still love so much that you live in AZ!!!!! I really do hope that I can come down at some point!!!! It would be so nice if I could come when Trev is busy with exams and the girls could just have fun and play....I can dream can't I:) Thanks for your faith and trust in God, it has always been such a strength to me, and with the challenges I am facing right now I appreciate the reminder of having a grateful attitude through our trials. Love you all so much!

Danielle said...

That is so funny about Addi loving the pool. My kids became the best swimmers in LV because there was nothing else to do when it got hot but swim. Please call if you need any more help with things. It will get easier I promise!

Rob and Jennifer said...

Tara I love you and miss you already (even though I don't live in Utah) Can't wait to see your face at Christmas. Love you so much!

Nick and Rebekah said...

Such a good post! I can't wait to come out for a visit. But maybe I'll wait until it cools just a bit :) It was your 18th bday this year too? Cool.