Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Redemption

It's been almost two months.
Howdy ya'll.
Between my sister and my lovely friend Jen, I have had an earful of why I should be blogging!

I know I just sit on my lazy butt and watch 24.

Just kidding, actually I've been really busy for the last two months.
I'll try to recap a little.
September was fun. I started babysitting a 6 year old boy 3-4 times a week for a few hrs a day. He brings a zillion games everytime and we play games for hours. Sounds fun huh? (It gets old)
I've made some friends in my ward and have babysat a lot for them. really makes me want to have more kids (I can't tell if I said that sarcastically or not) :)
September was mostly just getting used to our new schedules; Matt's studying schedule, my daily routines with Addi, play groups etc.
Oh, and... Addi started Preschool. I can't believe she's all grown up. It really was a hard day for me. She looked so cute and has done well. I totally signed her up last minute, after a friend convinced me that this teacher was amazing and that it would be good for her to make friends down here. Its so good for her, but I miss her a lot. It's three days a week for 2.5 hrs a day. But it's really good for her to be socializing and developing her mind.


October went by so fast! The first week Matt had off for Fall Break, which was SO NICE! He spent a lot of time with us and Addi turned three that week. We did a Tangled Birthday Party. On her actual birthday we decided to drive up to Payson (hour and a half away) to see the "Fall Leaves". To our dismay, there was not one fall leaf. It was a "mountain" of Pine trees and Cactus. But it was fun to get out of the valley and see some new sites.

Addi's B-Day Partay. She was a little overwhelmed at first when all these kids came over, but she got used to it, especially when they brought the gifts out :)







Happy Birthday my sweet Adds! I can't believe how grown up she has become these past few months. She is learning so much and she's a fun little friend to me everyday. I love her!

The next week, my mom and dad came down for a week to visit. We had a lot of fun. We visited the pool a lot, even though it was ICE COLD WATER! We went to the Phoenix Zoo, Science Museum, out to eat, Mesa Temple, etc.


My fabulous Mom and Sister made this quilt and pillows for Addi's birthday. This picture doesn't do it justice, but it's really amazing! Thank you so much!




It was so much fun having them here. I love my family and miss them a lot. Miss them so much, that I decided to use our Airline Vouchers to fly home with Addi for 9 days. So off to Utah we went! We missed Matt a lot, but decided it was the perfect opportunity. Addi didn't have preschool that week, and the boy I usually babysit was at his dad's in Phoenix for that week. Matt is extra busy lately because Finals are coming up.



While we were in Utah I got sick with a dang sinus cold :( So it put a bit of a damper on things, however my mom pampered me and let me veg and fed me some good homemade food :) We can't wait to go home for the Holidays.



Halloween was a lot of fun this year. Addi totally got it and loved dressing up and getting candy. We went to our ward Trunk-R-Treat on Saturday and then last night for Halloween we went to AJ (where I served 11 months of my mission) and went Trick-or-Treating and then our good friends, the Greningers, had us over for dinner and treats. Sheila Greninger is from Brazil so she loves to cook good Brazilian food, and Matt loves it, especially.


For some reason, None of the kids knew who Cruella Deville was, they all thought I was Lady Gaga. (Oiy) Our ward had some pretty cool rides and games for the kids. I don't know who that random kid is in the back?
Matt's costume is kinda sad, me to blame. I got him this cool Superman wig online, and when it came in the package, it was all bent funny and wouldn't sit right on his head. Sorry!
And little Tinkerbell.
I can't believe Matt only has 2 and a half weeks left of class! They get out so early. He has Thanksgiving week off, and then Finals (eek!). I will be hiding in my covers the week of Finals dreaming I'm on an Island sipping a tropical smoothie. Sigh. I'm so glad it's him in school and not me. I. CANNOT. HANDLE. THE. STRESS.


Okay, well, I know Ive said this a many times, but I will update again... SOON... Well... Not longer than 2 weeks. That's my limit. PROMISE!



5 comments:

Nick and Rebekah said...

Yahoo! Finally a post! Good work. Seeing these pictures makes me miss you guys all the more! I'm so glad we had some time together. And they thought you were LAdy Gaga?... What is the world turning into?! Yikes.

Rob and Jennifer said...

My love, I am so glad your back!!! I love Matt's costume! Can't wait to see more updates and to see your face in dec!

Bret and Ashlee said...

It's so good to see an update! I'm glad you are doing well! Call next time your in town so we can get together! The salon has changed so much-I definitely miss having you there!

Shari and Trent said...

Sounds like you are a busy girl! :) I am a stresser too, so good luck with your hubby's finals!

Danielle said...

Cute pictures! Looks like you are figuring out your new life. Good Luck with finals, they suck for everyone involved!