Monday, November 14, 2011

We're going to be expanding our house two more feet!

I'm so happy to be able to finally tell people I'm pregnant with #2! It feels like hitting the 12 week mark took FOREVER! But i'm a little over 12 wks now and so excited not to have to keep it a secret anymore! We planned it perfectly to have the baby by the end of May (when Matt was supposed to be DONE with finals) but his school moved finals back a week so now I'm due the sunday BEFORE finals. Eeek! i'm not too worried though, it will all work out somehow.

I'm showing a lot earlier than last pregnancy, and from what I read and hear, that's quite normal.

This pregnancy is so different from my first. I have been a hundred times more sick with nausea all freakin day and afternoon/evening headaches. IT SUCKS!! I have to remind myself that I'm really fortunate to be able to be pregnant and that my baby is healthy. That's all that matters. I am also really blessed to have Addi. Granted, she is kind of high-maintenance and loves attention, but she has surprisingly been so understanding and cooperative with my "tummy-aches". She will go play by herself, or bring me a drink and crackers, or just let me lay down. I feel blessed to have her. She has brightened my days and has given me soemthing to laugh about every day even when I don't feel like laughing. She's a funny girl!


Last night for Family Night I made a lesson to break the news to her that we would be having another baby. I guess Matt and I were expecting her to understand it completely and I thought she would be a little devasted. The only thing she said after we told her was, "Goodness!" Today when I picked her up from preschool, her teacher told me she had spilled the beans and yelled to the class, "I'm going to be a big sister!", so i guess she does get it and she is excited.


Last night we took my first "pregnancy" picture and then Addi had to do exactly the same thing after.

Wow! I don't know about me showing, but Addi sure is :-)




10 comments:

Adam & Leesha Wickern said...

Congratulations darling! What exciting news!! You are so adorable :)

Bryce and Kelcie said...

Congratulations! We are excited for you guys:) You still look so good at 12 weeks! Hope you get feeling better.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, my love!! I'm so excited for you! Sorry you feel so yucky, though :( How fun to have such a cute big sister!

Jennifer said...

Yay for number 2!! Maybe it'll be a boy and you can be done;) I hope you start feeling better soon. We are excited to see you guys in December!

Kat said...

That is such great news. I am thrilled for you and your family!!

Bret and Ashlee said...

YAY!!!! CONGRATS, I'm so excited for you to be having number 2! Sorry you've been so sick-hope it gets better soon! Miss ya

Rob and Jennifer said...

Congrats my love!! I can't wait to touch your belly

Shari and Trent said...

Love Addi's pic! :) Congrats!

Nick and Rebekah said...

YESSSSSSSSSS we can't wait!

Ceci and Steven said...

Oh yay!! You know, I clicked on your blog to "stalk" your family a little and thought to myself "Ok, When are you having baby numero #2?!" And walla....surprise! congrats! that's exciting! and I hear you on the feeling sicker and yuckier the second time around. My little guys will be 22 months apart, so Jake still is kind of little to help me out, but he was cute and would cuddle with me when I needed a Lazy day and stay in bed all day :) anyway, hope you get feeling better and that all goes well!!