Sunday, January 29, 2012

Fun at the "Lake"

Before Matt starts the craziness tomorrow, we decided to take advantage of our time together and the really nice weather.
I kind of can't believe how nice it has been here. I mean, I remember the winters being nice, but it has been almost 80 all week. I really enjoy it, but at the same time I think it's so bizarre.
Anyway, right by our house is this really nice community called The Islands. They are beautiful homes that surround a man-made lake. We went for a walk by this lake the other day and had a ton of fun.





One of these days I will have to take Addi to this lake and feed the ducks. There were SO MANY ducks there!
Well... Matt starts school tomorrow. Here we go again I guess?
I have mixed feelings.
I'm glad to be starting to get the first week over with (it's always the worst), but I'm dreading it, too. Not for me, but for him. I feel so bad for him, seriously I would never choose to go to law school in a million years. It really is as bad as they say. BUT...
I decided for 2012 to have a positive outlook. I have started changing the way I think about things. It has not been easy. But I want to be more happy. I noticed last semester I started getting negative and it made me unhappy. It's so easy to get negative and complain when things don't go your way.
So here's to a new outlook and a happier life.
I've tried really hard to be optimistic this past week and it has honestly made me a happier person and I have more patience with Addi, and I find myself just wanting to serve Matt and do anything to make him happy.
I am liking this new outlook already.

1 comment:

Bret and Ashlee said...

Congrats on another girl! That's so exciting! Good luck with this semester, school can be rough but so worth it in the end! I'm sad we never got to get together while you were in Utah. Wel'' have to plan better next time. Sure miss ya