Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Life with Four

I promised my sister that if she updated her blog, I would FINALLY update ours.  Well she got right on it (which I didn't expect) so now its my turn.... Oi, where to start huh?

This summer was so low key and laid back, which I loved.  Matt had an externship for a lawyer in our ward that he completed with one of his buddies from school, who is also in our ward.  The externship was so ideal.  Matt was able to work from his laptop from home and put in his hours whenever he wanted.  This was kind of an answer to prayers since I had just had a baby and lets be honest.... It was a harder adjustment than I had anticipated. :)  I don't know why I didn't really think about how different it would be to have another child, I guess I was just so overwhelmed with excitement that I overlooked the adjustments.  But, needless to say, Roslyn has been and continues to be a joyful addition to our family.  She makes me laugh and smile so many times a day.  But more about her later.

So our summer was great.  We went to Utah for 2 and a half weeks and had a ball.
Family, boating, BBQ's, game nights, roasting hot dogs, sleeping in, etc etc etc
ALSO.........

My sister finished her mission and came home!  It was AWESOME to see her again and give her lots and lots of hugs.  I'm so proud of her!




I also got to meet up with some friends I haven't seen in a while.  I got together with some of my highschool friends (no pics, sorry!) and then some friends from hair school.  I hadn't seen Carlee in forever since she was living in PA for a few years.  Love all of my friends.





Addi started Preschool on August 8th with Miss Jenny.  She LOVES it!  This year it is only twice a week for 2.5 hours, but it's a lot closer than the one last  year and it's a smaller group.  She gets excited to go every time.  While she goes to preschool I get to go to the gym and take Roz to the childcare.  Roslyn is an angel every time she goes and all of the workers love watching her.  


 I love this pic of Matt and the girls.  We have been really happy together as a family.  Sometimes it's hard living away from everyone, but I think about how close we have grown as a family and I'm grateful for it.  We rely on each other for everything and have become best friends, all of us. 


At the beginning of August we moved into a house.  It's still in our ward and only about a mile away from where we were living.  It just kind of fell into our laps.  A family in our ward moved back to Utah and it came up at the end of July.  Surprisingly it is about the same price we were paying in our little apartment and this house is newly remodeled, and is probably 3 Xs as big.  It was a pain to move in the 115 degree weather, but we feel SO blessed to have found this gem.  
My mom and sister went to California to visit my sisters mission and they stopped in AZ to visit us for a few days on the way back.  Aaaaaannnnndddd it just happened to be on my birthday! :)  Classic mom present, she always has to give me a book for one of my gifts :0)  Love it.
 Roslyn is now 3 and a half months old!  Where has the time gone?  I feel like once babies hit 3 months they are just different babies.  They are more alert and interactive and smiley.  Love the newborn phase, but I love this phase, too.  She is a really happy baby (For the most part ;))  I've been trying to get her on a routine, which has been difficult.  I had pneumonia a couple weeks ago..... which, so WEIRD, right?  How do I catch pneumonia in the summer in Arizona???????? 
So I was getting her on this schedule and I got really sick.  I was so out of it for a few days and Matt was doing all the kid watching and was falling behind in school.  His parents were so nice to come down and help out for a few days.  Thank goodness for amazing parents and in-laws. 
Now I'm back to trying to get her on a routine again.  So far..... Well, let's just say I'm struggling!  HAHA.  I've got her down to this sort of routine:
Wakes up around 7 am and I feed her.  THen we have awake/play time til about 9.  She naps for 45 mins-ish and then I feed her.  Then we try to repeat the whole process of Play/Awake time, Nap, and Feeding.  I'm trying to do the feedings separate from naps this time around.  I do feel good about her bedtime routine.  Addi helps me bathe her around 7 pm.  We lotion her, change her diaper, put jammies on and then we all read scriptures.  Then I feed her a big bottle while I rock her and sing to her.  She usually falls asleep in my arms, which I know I'm not supposed to do!  But I have to admit I love it.  I love rocking my babies and I decided I'm just going to do it until she's a little bit older.  I'm going to enjoy it while I can, and not worry about what books say are "taboo".  I'm slowly learning to just go with what I feel is best.  Sometimes that means you have to throw some of what the books say out the window. 
Addi has learned to really love Roslyn and I think it's safe to say they are friends!  Sometimes Addi is the only one who can make Roz laugh.  She is always so good to bounce her in her bouncer or talk to her when I'm trying to cook or clean.  She is a great big sister. 

Last night we were driving home from $cottsdale (about 35 min away) and I was sandwiched in the back of the car, like I usually do since Roz hates riding in the car, and I had Addi on one side screaming and kicking, and Roz on the other side just screaming her head off.  Matt and I just busted up laughing for some reason.  Life is definitely hectic with two emotional little girls, and sometimes you just have to laugh at it...... or you will cry.  HAHA  I love our family of four and we really are happy.  :)
 

1 comment:

Nick and Rebekah said...

Aww so cute! Good job on the update, Tara. I wouldn't worry about the schedule too much- unless it's bothering you. I had to laugh at your car ride home experience. Haha you get emotions and drama and I get wild and craziness. Maybe someday you'll have a boy and I'll have a girl. Then we can be more balanced :) Love ya, Tar. WIsh I could go to Mexico with y'all!