Saturday, January 22, 2011

Christmas Day and Las Vegas (3 Year Anniversary!)

As usual, I am late on blogging for the holidays. We had a great Christmas and New Years. Christmas Eve was spent with my family, with a nice turkey dinner and homemade pies. YUMM... We had a lot of fun reading Christmas stories and playing games, and opening our "Christmas Eve gift" from my parents.
Christmas is always a hectic day with visiting tonz of family, but we love it and have a lot of fun seeing what everyone got for Christmas and visiting. Addi was pretty excited Christmas morning to see if Santa ate the cookies she left out for him. Too bad that's all she was excited about. She opened one gift from our neighbor (a little ducky pillow) and she was good to go. I think us parents make Christmas too busy and too much for kids. We spent so much money on her and she didn't even open the majority of her presents until later that week. Go figure.

Her classic little model pose.


The Ivers' tradition for Christmas day is a big Turkey Dinner/Lunch and playing with all the cousins. Addi loves to observe her cousins and watch all the excitement. I think she 's still a little weary of joining in all of the time. :) Christmas was so fun this year, and spending time with family made it that much better!
For our 3 Year Wedding Anniversary Matt and I took off to Vegas to party! Well, that is if you're idea of partying is just hanging out and doing whatever. I told Matt I didn't care what we did in Vegas I just wanted to not make any plans and do wahtever we felt like. We had to visit "Pawn Stars" shop. We love watching that show, but we were kind of dissapointed that none of the actuals "Stars" were there that day.
We stayed at SouthPoint and we had this coupon for a "free souveneir". I went up to the register to redeem my fun souvenier and the grouchy lady handed me these LAME-O keychains. G.H.E.T.T.O.!!!!!!! I was not happy, as per picture below.

We looooved our hotel room. The beds were SO comfy. :)
On our anniversary night we went to Outback in the Coca-Cola building. Matt had a crush on green M&M. :)
Us at the Outback. Happy 3 years hun! LOVE YA...

Well, since forever we have been struggling to get Addi to eat food. She loves whole milk but that's about it. I have finally started cooking dinner almost every night and sitting down to eat breakfast in the mornings to try to set a better example. She's done so well this week! And I honestly can say I'm starting to like cooking dinner.

We are really excited for these next couple of weeks... this little girl is going to meet....
This little boy!!!! YAY Bek and Nick and Nixon are coming to visit!

6 comments:

Chelsea said...

Sounds like you guys had a fabulous holiday! My favorite part was that you had two beds in your anniversary suite. :) Let us know when your sister gets here--Jake would love to see everyone!

Shari and Trent said...

I love pawn stars too! Happy Anniversary!

Nick and Rebekah said...

Yipee! We can't wait to come! You guys are the cutest family, even when you just woke up on Christmas morning... maybe it's the zebra jammies :)

Nick and Rebekah said...

Oh and Addi's model pose is AWESOME!

Rob and Jennifer said...

Looks like so much fun! Love your jammies! So did you and Matt sleep in seperate beds? :)

Kimberly said...

I believe it is a good think that she had enough by opening only one or two presentss. That means that for ther Christmas is not only the Hollyday of the present but actually means something. I spent New Year´s Eve in my argentina travel away from my family but with a lot of friends. It is great to see how other countries celebrate it!
Kim