Saturday, June 11, 2011

OhMyBadBlogger!!

Its really hard to blog when you don't have the internet at home. So that leaves me the option to blog on my hpone which I find very annoying but useful at the same time. Technology really is amazing. Especially working in that field, I learn so much about the miracles of technology. Anyway, (don't know where that came from)... that's my excuse for being so behind on blogging and I think its a pretty good one :) a lot has happened since I last blogged... my sister left for her mission on May 17 to San Bernardino, CA. She was SO BRAVE! Seriously didn't even cry when we dropped her off. She is extremely positive and is having a great experience already. She is so great and reading her letters always make me want to be a better person.

I didn't know how this little munchkin would survive w/o her since they were so close. Addi would always ask when 'sessa' was coming home but I think she understands it now and occasionally she'll remember to pray for her. This is Addi singing the Tangled song when Rapunzel gets out of the tower for the first time and splashes in the water. LOL

Here she is showing her excitement to go to Arizona :)

I did my first (real) refinishing project a month ago. I kinda like how it turned out. It brightens up our living room, and I got some creamish-white colored pillows for the couch to accent it.

My mom, Sister, Nixon, Addi and I went to the Living Planet Aquarium a couple wks ago. I was surprised at how fun it was. They have Sting Rays you can touch, penguins, sharks, sea horses, octopuses and a lot of variety.

I even held a boa constrictor! Ok ok it was a little bit fake.

Love these two cuties. Its been a blast having Nixon (and his parents I guess haha) here! He is such a fun baby and so fun to squeeze and cuddle. I will miss them when we move :(

Matt and I went down to Arizona this past week to go house hunting. Wow, houses are dirt cheap there, but there are some real dumps! We found ourself a gem and are making an offer on it Monday. My dad and I will be going back down next week again to scope out some other houses to see if we can find a good fixer-upper if this offer isn't accepted. My dad is really good at fixing things up and if we could save some money doing it that way then I'm all for it! It was so much fun staying with our good pals the Greningers while we were down there.
This is Matt after house hunting out in the 105 degree weather! Oh p.s. I ran over a curb and popped our tire so poor matt had to change the tire in the steamy hot weather. Oops :)

Each year Matt's parents come to Jackson Hole in June for the Classic Car Show. We like coming along for the ride. We like to walk around the shops, eat at the yummy restaurants, relax, and join in on the activities. Most of the guys who enter in on the car show are completely wasted by 11 a.m. so its also really entertaining to watch them swagger around trying to act half decent. The rest below are a few pictures of our adventure here thus far.



1 comment:

Melissa said...

You're not as bad a blogger as me!! That is exciting about Jenessa going on Mish! Question for ya, what are some things you loved to have on your mission or liked getting in the mail. Skylar's girl friend is on a mission in Panama and we are sending her a package any suggestions..? Addi's so stinkin cute, I've been wanting to go to the living planet aquarium..looks fun!