Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thankful

Today is Thanksgiving and I feel especially thankful today. I don't know if it's because it's Thanksgiving, or because I finally get to spend time with my husband and be together just the three of us. It's so joyful.
Today is our first Thanksgiving away from our family. I love our families, but I am so happy today to just be the three of us. We have had such a fun day already, preparing food for the big dinner tonight, watching TV together, laughing and relaxing. It seems like with Matt gone, we are never together very much. I have loved today.
Disclaimer: One of my biggest pet peeves is when people brag about their spouses on blogs, so I will just try to say what I'm thankful for in a tasteful way :) Sorry if I do brag a little bit, but this is my blog :)
These past 4 months have been so hard. We moved away from everything we knew to start a new life; one that we knew would be challenging but worth it in the end. I am thankful for trials. Yes, I REALLY am. Since we moved here everything about this life has been hard. The two things that have not been a challenge is our love for each other and our faith in Jesus Christ. These two things have gotten us through and we have found many, many happy times. We have been able to grow together as a family, away from everyone and everything we once knew. Matt and Addi are all I have. I am thankful that I can lean on them to bring me joy through hardness. I don't know what I would do without the beautiful gospel of Jesus Christ. I have found joy through sorrow, and hope when the days are dark. I have learned not just to push through the hard stuff and get it over with, but to dig deep and find that I can be a happy person, filled with hope even when the waters rough. Life is beautiful.
Matt is so good to me, as I'm sure all of your husbands are to you :) I have learned so much more about who he is, as we've been on our own. He takes care of me like I never knew he could. I have leaned on him for support especially as I've been sick with this baby. He is my rock, everyday. I never knew he was such a hard worker. I've never seen anyone work as hard as he does at school, staying up many nights until midnight studying. He is not afraid to dream, and somehow I know he will make all of my dreams come true.
I love my Addi-girl. She is a passionate girl! She has a zest for life that I envy. She loves to laugh, she is strong-willed and she will do what it takes to get her way!
I am thankful for my friends down here. I am happy that I was able to serve a mission so close to home, so I could keep in touch with some of my best friends that I met on my mission. These friends are still some of my best friends and I'm grateful to be able to spend Thanksgiving with them today!
I'm thankful to be pregnant! I love this lil babe inside of me! I wonder what it will look like, what it's personality will be like, and I mostly wonder what gender it will be! CAN'T WAIT TO FIND OUT!

6 comments:

Kathryn said...

Everyone should brag about their spouse once in a while :) I'm so glad you've been able to find joy even through the hard times!! Sometimes life is so so hard, but I've noticed that through those hard times, I start to notice the blessings that I've taken for granted (though I'm sure you never take blessings for granted!) Hang in there, and CONGRATULATIONS again on your pregnancy! You are a strong woman!

Rob and Jennifer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rob and Jennifer said...

I totally know how you feel about being away from family(well and about bragging about your spouse on your blog thing, some people pour it on a little thick. Sometimes I throw up a little in my mouth and usually its like...NO ONE CARES. But, mostly its annoying because everyone knows I have the best, hottest, most AMAZING husband out there BAAAAAH:) But honestly, I really do know how you feel. It was hard and still is hard being away from my family. But, you grow so much closer as your own family unit, and you discover you have strengths you never knew about. Just enjoy the moment. Theses years are going to FLY by and your going to look back on them with fond memories so soak it up now. Love ya girly, see ya soon!!

Nick and Rebekah said...

This was such a great post, Tara. You have really had some hard stuff down there, especially where you've been so sick, but you are doing amazing. Good work! We can't wait to find out what you're having, too! See you in just over a week!!!

Mindy Thomas said...

I love when people brag about there husbands. It makes me happy that they have a great husband. I think everyone deserves a great husband.
Happy Thanksgiving.

P.S. I am so excite that your prego. We are like less than a month apart.

Melissa said...

Tara..I miss you! I know we didn't get together enough when you were here in good 'ol happy valley, just the fact I know you're hundreds of miles away...kinda sad. I am so happy we are prego at the same time! It's good to know others have the same symptoms and lovely prego effects as I do. I think you should brag about your hubby too! After all he is the love of your life (at least that's how I feel about my hubs). I hope you have a wonderful Christmas..in the warm weather too (I hate that it is in the 30's everyday!). Lots of Love!!